Tuesday, October 30, 2007

BUGS!

So today was the day of creepy crawlies at our house. Just one of these happening in a day would be not great, but the following happened in the span of about 2 hours. For those that know me well, you will see why this was so traumatic!

Incident #1: Zoe was napping on the couch and so I rolled the ottoman in front of the couch so just in case she did a double rollover she wouldn't go to the floor. Anyway about 15 min. later I was passing in front of her there was a huge spider hanging out like a foot from my sweet daughter! I thought it was dead b/c he wasn't moving but as I approach with a paper towel he rears up and waves his front legs up in the air! I ran and get my miny broom and whack away until he doesn't get up anymore which took about 5 whacks!

Incident # 2: I'm making dinner and go to my spice cabinet and there are little sugar ants crawling on my spices.... um.. yuck! So I had to take them all out and clean it well etc.....

Incident # 3: I look down on my shoulder and a big ol' mosquito is going to town on me....

Incident # 4: (the grossest) I was making salsa for dinner and went to chop a bell pepper and noticed the inside of it was really black/brown and yucky looking. On further inspection there was a big fat LIVE worm that had made a little home for himself....gag!!

On a different subject today Shelby Kate started calling us Momma, and Dadda like she used to a long time ago, don't know where that came from. James was asking her about it and saying how about Dad,but I told him I like it. When she busts out with the oh so grown up Mom and Dad I feel like she is getting too old too quickly.
Another funny thing she said today was that Phoebe was just running a little Lake, as opposed to a little late....... and that she wanted another smarshmellow as opposed to marshmallow.
She's a funny girl!

1 comment:

erin said...

GROSS! (the bugs, not Shelby)