While James was on his business trip to Vegas (yes it was an important business meeting, just happened to be in Vegas) the girls and I made cookies. Shelby loved it and I think used about 3 containers of decorative sugar, yum! There are sometimes where I don't want to be the Mom of NO, so I let her do her thing. : )
Shelby'isms: This was what she said this AM on the way to school (to herself as she was looking out of the window at an elderly gentleman driving his car) "Awwww poor little man he is in the car all by himself, there is nothing else in there...." (Not sure if she meant other people or stuff or what) So I interjected, well maybe he is on his way to see some friends, she smiled.
So you know how people have traditions of going to pick out the perfect tree, either from a tree farm or in a field or what have you. Well our new tradition (which I hope ends this year) is buying lighted trees and having to return them because they don't work (after of course they are completely decked out). Last year we ended up using a dollar store tree my Mom sent us (which worked fine, and I'm not hating on the dollar store, they rock (holla!). So our latest conquest led us to SAM's and I love our new tree! This weekend in the cold snap we decked our halls, so fun!
The last pictures was of Shelby catching a lizard which she has named Princess Lizard. She wanted me to help her catch it. I declined saying I was trying to cook (which I was, but I'm also NOT into lizard catching). She caught it and "Princess" has provided many giggles, and hours of entertainment. She wanted to hold him or her until Daddy came home (which was hours away) So I gave her a really big bowl and a mission of finding sticks and rocks to give the lizard home. For fear if she kept "holding" Princess she would go to sleep and not wake up.
There's a quick catch up! Happy Monday Bloggers ...
Oh, one last thing we went to the Acapella concert last night at our church and it was so much fun! James and I were both raised on Acapella and loved every minute of it. My girls did too, it was very inspiring : )
4 comments:
Looks like you guys are having so much fun! I am jealous that James let you decorate for Christmas...Wes will not even get the Christmas stuff out of the attic until after Thanksgiving. Glad things are going well.
Wow ya'll are early on the Christmas tree thing. I'm so impressed.
We are still trying to decide if we are going to do our traditional thing and go pick out a real tree or put up our fake pre-lit tree since we will be out of town for Christmas. I love real trees but it seems impractical if we aren't even going to be here. Oh the decisions.
Those cookies look scruptious. My kids made gingerbread ones the other day and they were covered with icing and candy. It was great. They loved eating them for snack the next day. I tried not to think of all the sugar.
Love the girls shirts!
This entry is hildarious! You are so funny. And Congrats on finding the perfect tree--it's a hard mission, but worth fighting. Can't wait to see yall on Friday!
That story of Shelby and the little old man warms my heart....she is so sensitive to others...it is so sweet.
Post a Comment