Not quite sure how this happened but James and I have turned into runners. We are certainly new to this type of exercise and enjoy setting goals in the form of races and training ourselves in a whole different way.
I sometimes feel like I'm a fish out of water when I hear things like tempo runs, hill training, etc..... I realize how crazy important a GREAT pair of running shoes, the proper non chaffing clothing, and water is to the whole deal!
We are finding out their are many school of thought on the proper way to train, how long to run before the marathon, when to taper, how to fuel yourself during the race. I learned on Saturday that 18 miles was a tough run for me, the gel/goo/super sweet junk that you squeeze in your mouth at mile 5, 10 and 15 makes me vomit (or gag at least). But still felt like I accomplished something I never have before. Each week James and I are breaking new records for ourselves like this was our first time to ever run that far. That will continue until MARATHON DAY on February 14 in Austin. God has blessed us by keeping us healthy and giving us this new hobby to do together and helping us pick up our feet when we just want to stop!
2 comments:
yall are so cute! and encouraging...seems like a fun hobby with eachother! Happy New Year!
LOOOOVE IT!!!!!! SO SO SO EXCITING! You guys are rock stars. Way to go katy and James!!!
Post a Comment