So I just started a new bible study called Wisdom for Mothers. Just the title alone made me excited. I think walking into our first class I expected just to be given this wisdom, after all we are a generation who is used to super fast everything! Well that is not exactly the format. The book takes you thorough the Word but first you work on your relationship with God, then your husband, and THEN your children. I often get that order mixed up which is probably why I need this class. I am excited about going through it, not because I feel like I will emerge from it as this incredibly wise mother with all of the answers... but more so as a mother with a firm foundation.
I'm BLESSED to be home with my girls and look at this as my full time job, so this is essentially job training. At my former job with A&M we were periodically required to go through trainings to ensure that we were the best we could at our job. I know I need to fortify myself more.... b/c I do questions myself, make mistakes, etc...... you get the picture, far far far from perfect : )If anyone is looking for a good study I can already recommend this one!
6 comments:
Sounds awesome. Can't wait to see you guys soon!
It looks like a great study. I'm sorry to have to miss it. Instead, I'm teaching 24 WILD 2nd graders. I definitely am searching for wisdom with that!
You are so cool Katy! I never would have thought about needing training for the mom job, but you are so right. Thanks for giving me such a great idea!
I did the Wisdom for Mothers study a few years ago and loved it! Griffin was still pretty little at the time, so I'm sure I could benefit from a refresher course. I especially loved our class format... we were placed in a small group with a mentor. We went through all the Denise Glenn studies and have gone on to do several Beth Moore studies together. Anyway, we start our Ladies Bible class this Tuesday and I can't wait (this time we are doing "Experiencing God"). I'm sure you'll love Wisdom for Mothers. I think we could all use a little more wisdom!
Wow...that's really awesome!
Wish we were closer together so we could do it together... still working on a Beth Moore study so I will have to look into that one later... Lord knows I need some wisdom... AMEN.
Post a Comment