So for the first time since I've been a Mommy I left the girls with their Daddy for four and a half days. I got the chance to travel (with my AWESOME cuz/great friend Kimberly) to MI to visit with a lot of family including my grandmother. She is so far away and not in the best of health so I wanted to just soak that time up with her even though it was brief. Thursday and Sunday were travel days because it is a long way up there, but fun days too b/c I laughed a lot with Kimberly. Along with wedding activities going on it was a lot of visiting with family and connecting, or re-connecting. Two of my favorite memories are Kimberly and I talking on Mama's bed with her and all three of us falling asleep, and one evening visiting with a bunch of my girl cousins at my Jessica's. It was so nice to ride in planes, wait in airports, drive, eat, talk, get ready, talk, all kid less for a few days. Although I was really ready to be home by Sunday and was missing James and the girls so much.
James and the girls had a wonderful time at "Daddy Camp" (his words) while I was gone. He adopted the strategy I use when he is away which is go go go!!! The more things going on the better it is for everyone! Every time I called and checked on them or that Shelby called me they sounded happy, relaxed and just good, so that made me feel peaceful and good on the other end. I'm also thinking I should give him this opportunity more often right?
4 comments:
What a great idea.... daddy camp I need to use that... and I love your hair... you look great as usual and so glad you got to see you GM... keep the post coming I love to see you.
Glad you had a great trip. And yes you should let him have more "Daddy Camps" - you should go with us to Women of Faith in November.
Glad to hear that James and the girls had a fun time while you were gone. Always makes the time away better knowing that things are going well at home.
Yay for the belt!! Looks great!
I love seeing pictures of you and the family! You look beautiful and I think the girls are precious! We missed you at the college reunion but are happy you got to see you Grandmother! Love you, jenny
Post a Comment