Friday, December 4, 2009

Shelby Kate, school blessings....

I realized I haven't posted anything about my Shelby girl in a while. In the last few weeks Shelby seems to have adjusted to her rigorous day that starts at 6:30 AM, followed by a 7 hour school day and then home for homework, and various activities. She says her favorite days at school are the ones where she is in her Spanish class. She loves learning new things and this program she is certainly learning a LOT of new things.

A few weeks ago Shelby got the tiger award for the week along with some new books. This meant that the teachers thought she is super! We are so glad that she is loving her school teachers and new friends.

Today when James dropped her off at school she asked him to just walk her to the front door of the school and not all the way to her classroom for the first time. So she is gaining confidence and feeling more at home. I am more excited for the spring semester and a little less nervous for her! Plus I know a little more about how the schdule affects our family and the adjustments have been made!

P.S. I'm SUPER excited for the Christmas break just because I will get to spend more time with her!!!!

No comments: