Sunday, May 9, 2010

My first Triathlon










What a fun Mother's Day an one I will always remember! Besides feeling incredibly blessed (beyond measure) as a wife, and mother I did someting I've never done before.
Today was my first triathlon in Houston!

We left yesterday and got my packet and went to dinner and then headed to the hotel. Our hotel was only 20 minutes away from the race which was great considering we needed to already be there at 5:30 AM, which means we left at 5, and got up at 4:30 AM. So early for my little ones but they were super sweet troopers/mommy supporters. They were so cold but luckily we had blanket's in the car.

My friend Elizabeth met us there and we got to do this one together, she is experienced and was so great to have for advice and encouragement. We lucked out and were right by each other in the transition area. We met her and her family for a Mother's Day lunch at Chuy's YUMMY!
Here are a few pictures!

4 comments:

The Celiac Diva said...

You are so adorable in your pink top! HOW FUN!!! Love the pics, congrats on your first triathlon!! Super super super cool! Happy Belated Mother's Day!

Angela Robinson said...

Congrats, Katy! So proud of you...you are an AMAZING woman!

Liz*** said...

Wow! I'm so impressed! Great job, Katy!!

Michelle said...

Wow...just another reason you are my hero! You are amazing! And you look good doing it! Congratulations!