Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Get back on that horse

Well I haven' posted in a while not for lack of wonderful, entertaining, document worthy things to say but because of just getting caught up in Wife and Mommy world. Our latest yeah moment is about Shelby Kate. Santa brought her a big girl bike for Christmas which she asked for over and over and over, and she loved! Well one day the stroller and Shelby had a run in (okay I was pushing the stroller and didn't know she was going right). The crash was in slow motion in she in slow motion hit her noggin on the street. For any other child this would maybe not be a big deal but for timid, cautious Shelby this was a HUGE deal. So she didn't want to ride it no way no how.
James and I would just ask her Shelby you want to ride your bike? She would basically break out in a cold sweat and her heart would race and she would say no! Well over the weekend we spent a little time with her again and she is back on and loving it. She still needs the reassurance of James or I standing right beside her and keeping a hand on her hand which is on the handlebars. We are proud of her for conquering her fear, it didn't matter to us if she got on it right away or not but we don't want her to be so afraid of things either. Good job Shelby : )

3 comments:

The Celiac Diva said...

Great story!!! I love that precious child! Way to go, Shelby! PS...I LOVE when she calls me, makes my whole day -)

Amy said...

I cannot tell you how much Shelby Kate reminds me of Kate. The cold sweat thing is an almost every day occurance in our house. Especially is someone has asked her to spend the night. I think it is so neat how they have so much of the same personality. They are definately cousins!

amber dayton said...

Katy - I was so excited to come across your blog in blogland! I loved seeing pics of your sweet girls (your Shelby sounds a lot like my Anna!) and reading about your sweet family. We are at amberdayton.blogspot.com. Have a blessed week!