Friday, February 22, 2008

Kido tidbits : )

Like my dear friend Erin I need to get these posted (recorded) so I don't forget about them. Hopefully every year I can get my blog made into a book and have a great journal to share with my kidos! Plus it is so fun to keep up with everyone through the blog world I love it!

This morning getting ready doing chores etc...

Me: Shelby girl did you get cold last night?

S: Yes, I forgot to put another shirt on under my jammies..... I was cold like a mug...

P.S. For those of you who do not speak James Garner lingo this is something he says a lot, Hungry like a mug, tired like a mug.... etc.... don't' know what a mug is exactly but he has been using it since I've known him : )

P.S.S. Shelby's new favorite princess "slicky" jammies is what she wants to wear every night but she always puts stuff under them to keep her warm.

Yesterday:

S: Momma when are we going to go to heaven?

Me: Oh I guess whenever God is ready to bring us home.

S: (silence for a second) Is Phoebe going to be in heaven?

Me: Yes!

S: Is Chloe?

Me: Yes!

S: What does God look like?

Me: I'm not sure exactly, I haven't seen him with my eyes but he is always with us, in our hearts....Hey Shelby let's sing this song!! (yes a distraction technique, I'm sure you other mothers could have answered that one much better then I)

Not to forget about little Z, her first two teeth came through this AM this is almost 2 months before Shelby Kate got a tooth! They told me the second child does everything faster!

2 comments:

Jenny Wims Sullivan said...

I told Shelby's story to Brad and he said "that story made him laugh like a mug."

So cute! I love reading all of your family's stories and catching up with you both. We miss ya!

Jen

The Stringers said...

I read this aloud to Kim and as soon as I said "Cold like a mug" and she busted out laughing. No doubt where she heard that from!