Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring Break 09 Woo Hoooo












For spring break this year our family joined a great group (26 total)for a skiing trip in Durango CO. We drove the 18 or 19 hours (after a certain amount of time in the car you just stop counting) and met up with brand new friends and old dear friends. The girls did great in the car considering the amount of time they were strapped in. We drove straight on the way there but had to stop and sleep at a Hotel on the way home.
The girls both got to do some sledding and Shelby Kate got to experience skiing for the first time. We we so excited that she had a good experience and really liked it. She did ski school for a few days and James also worked with her some. She is our timid one and unsure of new things but she really did great. James and I got to hit the slopes together one AM and sneaked up on her at ski school to watch a little bit. No one was majorly injured although I'm sure there were several who were sore. James busted on the jump that I'm showing here and drove home with a sore wrist and knee, but he is better today. The trip was really fun and we hope to go back again next year, I certainly need more practice : )

6 comments:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

You guys are brave taking the little ones.... looks like fun and my husband always has a pitty party when he hears someone went skiing so I might not tell him about your trip.

Angela Robinson said...

So jealous! Too bad James busted...but if he's anything like J, it was totally worth it since you got a picture of him getting some great air. Glad you guys made it home--I missed you!

Sarah said...

We were probably passing each other on the road. I got a little worried that you guys were going to say that you were in Salida...that's where we went with our youth group...I'm glad that Shelby Kate had a great time...aren't they SO fun to watch?! I love Zoe's little Z hat...I need one for El.

amber dayton said...

So fun! We went to CO this past Jan to ski, but we were too chicken to try ski school with Anna. They both tried it with us on the sledding hill & had fun. We'll be brave next trip! Looks like your girls had a great time. What sweet memories you made!

Tricia said...

Looks like you had a great time! I am so impressed that Shelby went skiing too! You have a some great pictures! Have fun getting back into the swing of things. I still need to unpack from our trip! I hate unpacking!

da momma said...

great memories! Hows Janice?