Sunday, March 1, 2009

Healing...

We are praying daily for healing for Brad (our friend who is fighting cancer)http://www.thewims.blogspot.com/, for my mother who has dealt with chronic illness for several years, and has just not been herself because of it. For my sister in law Lauren who does pain management from her injury that is also been a multiple year long struggle.

My mother in law was diagnosed with breast cancer a few months ago. Last week she had an MRI as a pre-surgery deal and they found another (larger) tumor. So instead of a lumpectomy she will be having a bilateral mastectomy this Thursday. With a reconstruction surgery down the road. (possibly chemo too, we won't know this until after surgery). We are praying for complete healing for her. Shelby said this just this AM. "God doesn't make us sick but he can make us all better". Please pray for her!

This is unrelated but Shelby said it tonight and it made me laugh and I want to remember it. **As a side note James has been gone a lot lately and tonight I was just getting tired** (especially of the 200 questions Shelby seems to have : )

S: Momma what is that for? (referring to a towel and Shampoo I had just set out, so not important)

Me: It doesn't matter. You know you don't have to know everything about everything that goes on around here.

S: Yes I do Momma. That makes me a better kid, and I want to be a good kid.

3 comments:

da momma said...

Praying for yall. Please hug Janis for me! Kids are precious and put us in our place - huh?! ;)

Amy B. said...

Shelby is a smart (and funny) little girl.
She said it well, God can heal! Amen.

Tricia said...

I love what Shelby said. Sam is doing the same thing these days and I have a hard time too!
We are praying for your family too!