Saturday, May 10, 2008

blessed

Mother's Day.... tonight as I was unloading the dishwasher, folding laundry and preparing for Sunday AM church (yes I do this in advance it makes getting three women out the door much easier) I was thinking about Mother's Day. This special day that is set aside to remember and honor mommies...

What goes through my mind is this.... I'm not the BEST housekeeper, cook, money manager, etc... but God knew I would be the BEST mommy for a Shelby Kate and a Zoe Abigail. What a privilege!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love to reflect as an adult now how my mother taught, guided, loved, nurtured, and gave us the gift of joy and humor as we grew up. She will never stop being my mother, offering advice, wanting to solve and fix my problems, and praying for my and my siblings, and our children daily.

Happy Mother's Day everyone!

3 comments:

The Celiac Diva said...

Happy Mother's Day Katy!!! Loved talking to little Shelby on the phone this morning. You will get a kick out of this. I was on the elliptical when she called.

When I saw the phone ring I knew it was her so I picked up trying to be all quiet(while huffing and puffing) and she kept telling me she couldn't hear me... it was quite humorous. =) LOVE YOU! Have a great day!

Angela Robinson said...

Katy-
Thank you so much for this post. It really puts things in perspective. I get down on my "mothering skills" from time to time, but what a humbling thought to take into consideration that doubting my abilities shows a complete lack of faith in God's knowing what he was doing in giving me my children.

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

Never really understood the meaning of mothers day until I became one... thanks for sharing and dido.