Monday, June 22, 2009

Ouch!




Saturday AM started normal then Zoe decided to try to walk the balance beam (or the end of our bed rail) with princess (high heal)shoes and a Cinderella dress on, well I guess that is pretty normal for her. The result was her bitting the end of her toungue so hard it resulted in a deep cut in her tongue. We didn't get a great picture of it, It actually would lay open like the hood of a car, layed open.

After a few phone calls our (very talented, super sweet)doctor friend suggested we bring her in so he could look at it. Zoe had to be put under and two hours later we were back home with 7 or 8 stitches in her tongue. So our plans for the weekend significantly changed, Aunt Lala took Zoe to Kaylee's birthday party and we canceled the babysitter for the evening. We thought Z would sleep all day when we got home but she did not, nor did she sleep that night (well about 3 hours) nor did she sleep all day Sunday. Last night she finally went to sleep for good about midnight and slept until 7, YEAH! I felt so sorry for her because I know she was just hurting so much.

We do wish we would have videoed when she got her first medicine she was HILARIOUS, we were both laughing so hard we had tears. Zoe is already funny to us anyway but after some good drugs she was talking and singing and just cracking us up. Anyway finally after some sleep our little one is doing much better today. She does talk like she has peanut butter on her tongue and her speech is a little slurred from the swelling and stitches, but other then that she is happy this AM.

4 comments:

Angela Robinson said...

Oh, ouch! Poor, little Zoe! Hope she feels better soon! (But, somehow, I doubt this will slow her down for long!)

Lisa said...

That poor baby! I hope she's feeling better today...that just sounds painful.

Perks said...

poor baby! :( I hope it heals really soon!!!

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

Wow... I did not even think it was possible to get stitches in your tongue... but I hear that tongue is the fastest healing organ... I hope she is feeling better soon.