Monday, February 15, 2010

Marathon





We did it! (insert Dora's "we did it" song here) James and I ran our very first marathon on Valentine's Day in Austin! We had an awesome cheering section/running buddies, thanks David, Sara, Lauren, Carl and Karen! You guys rock!!!
It was so much fun hearing them cheer us on with posters at mile 13, 23 and at the finish line. The weather was perfect for running outdoors and the course was um... hilly!! : )

This was by far the hardest physical thing we have ever done, but it really was so fun too! There was a point or two that I thought why in the world am I doing this? : ) But most of the time I was super excited to just be doing it. Karen and I talked and laughed the last 6 or 7 miles together, so fun!

When I finished they directed me to the medic tent because that is where James was. He kind of passed out right when crossing the finishing line. He had super low blood sugar and was a little dehydrated so they had to give him 2 bags of IV fluids with glucose. I think he got too focused and forgot to drink and use his gels! He was feeling better by the time I got in there to see him. Then we made it back to the hotel to clean up and got our stuff and head home. I think we will always remember Valentines 2010! A BIG thank you to ALL of our prayer warriors who lifted us up in prayer this weekend!!

The best part is we got each other massages for V-day that we will get to enjoy this week, yeah!

The first picture is after!!! (we look pretty tired) and the second one is the before picture!

6 comments:

erin said...

Wow! What a great accomplishment. Enjoy those massages.

Lisa said...

Congrats - that is awesome! Definitely something on my to-do list at some point... :)

Michelle said...

Wow--so awesome!! Congratulations for accomplishing something so unique and special, and to do it with your best friend/husband makes it even cooler. I'm so glad yall had fun. I promise to talk to you soon, and bring by all of your belongings!

The Celiac Diva said...

You guys ROCKED!!!! So cool that that was something special between the 2 of you.

Katy + James = Super heroes.

I loved getting to watch the whole thing, I had way too much fun. =)

Perks said...

Great job, guys! Now...go drink that DIET COKE!!!!! :)

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

Impressive.... that is awesome... you can cross that off your bucket list now... good work