Friday, October 24, 2008

You'll be with GRANDMA....

So on the way to school this A.M. the following conversation took place between Shelby Kate and Ellie (her baby doll)

S: Sorry Ellie I have to go to school so you'll be with Grandma this morning.

(me listening)

S: Don't worry, she (meaning me) will take good care of you, she will give you food and help you if you get hurt... (she goes on in this vein for a while)

(then she address me)

S: Mom I know your like a Momma but your like Ellie's Grandma, so take good care of her and tell me what she does while I'm at school.
(she then precedes to give me a list of instructions, to which I reply Absolutely, I will take great care of her)

I always joke about Ellie being like our third child because she is SO loved by Shelby (and now Zoe too) but apparently she is more like my first grandchild!

Happy Friday!

6 comments:

Angela Robinson said...

That is precious! And she is such a smartie pants to figure that out on her own!

Guess if you wanted a more hip Grandma name, you'd should have gotten the word out sooner than you thought!

erin said...

That's hilarious!

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

That is so cute... she is so smart to figure out the lineage like that... Grandma... that is scray to think about... could we really be that old HE HE HE... do you have a picture of this doll.. how precious.

Tomilyn said...

Don't you just love their imaginations! That is too cute. You are one great looking grandma by the way!;)

SheridanLeftwich said...

Elisabeth tells Godder and Kit that I am their grandma, too. I then act all old like a grandma just to get a rise out of her.

Amy said...

So cute and funny!! Little girls are so much fun!